Rice Rava Dosa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 627 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40887 times
The Rice Rava Dosa is a really tempting variant of the regular dosa, which does not require any grinding or fermentation.
Made of a batter of rice flour and semolina, tempered with onion, coconut and cashew, this quick and easy dosa can be made on any day for breakfast or as a snack.
The tempering gives it a nice mouth-feel, and makes it really flavorsome and delectable. Just make sure you serve the Rice Rava Dosa hot and fresh because it is not so appetizing when it gets cold. This goes really well with chutney and sambhar.
You will also love other dosa variants like Sada Dosa and Moong Dal Dosa .
- Combine the rice flour, semolina, curds, black pepper, salt and 2¾ cups of water in a deep bowl, mix well using a whisk. Keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the ghee in a small non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, curry leaves, green chillies, asafoetida, onions, cashewnuts and coconut and sauté on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add this tempering over the rice-semolina mixture and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly with oil and sprinkle little water on it and wipe it off gently using a muslin cloth.
- Pour ½ cup batter evenly on the tava (griddle), smear a little oil in the holes of the dosa and cook it on a high flame till it turns golden brown in colour or until crisp.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 9 more rice rava dosas.
- Serve immediately with sambhar and coconut chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.