Rice Rava Dosa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 669 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 79927 times
The Rice Rava Dosa is a really tempting variant of the regular dosa, which does not require any grinding or fermentation.
Made of a batter of rice flour and semolina, tempered with onion, coconut and cashew, this quick and easy dosa can be made on any day for breakfast or as a snack.
The tempering gives it a nice mouth-feel, and makes it really flavorsome and delectable. Just make sure you serve the Rice Rava Dosa hot and fresh because it is not so appetizing when it gets cold. This goes really well with chutney and sambhar.
You will also love other dosa variants like Sada Dosa and Moong Dal Dosa .
- Combine the rice flour, semolina, curds, black pepper, salt and approx. 3¼ cups of water in a deep bowl, mix well using a whisk. Keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the ghee in a small non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, curry leaves, green chillies, asafoetida, onions, cashewnuts and coconut and sauté on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add this tempering over the rice-semolina mixture and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly with oil and sprinkle little water on it and wipe it off gently using a muslin cloth.
- Pour ½ cup batter evenly on the tava (griddle), smear 1 tsp of oil on the dosa and cook it on a medium flame till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 9 more rice rava dosas.
- Serve immediately with sambhar and coconut chutney.
Rice Rava Dosa Video by Tarla Dalal
Rice Rava Dosa recipe with step by step photos
Like Rice Rava Dosa
Make sure while making the Rice Rava Dosa, to measure the water as per the recipe and add to the batter. Adding more water would make the dosa stick to the pan.
For tempering if you wish you could use coconut oil as well.
If tava gets too hot then sprinkle some water to bring down the temperature of the tava. By doing so the dosa will not stick to the pan.The ideal temperature of tava is very important to make the perfectly Rice Rava Dosa dosa.
Keep the flame on medium and cook, if on high it will burn and not cook properly.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per dosa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.