Bread Dosa, Instant Bread Dosa Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11287 times
An off-beat dosa that everybody will enjoy, even hardcore dosa fans! Made with bread, rice flour and semolina, this Bread Dosa can be made without much pre-planning because you don’t need to ferment the batter.
Just mix the ingredients, soak them in curd and blend quickly to get the dosa batter. Cook it with melted ghee to get a scrumptious golden brown dosa with the strong flavour of bread and the rich aroma of ghee.
This instant Bread Dosa must however be had hot and fresh, right off the tava, to enjoy its luxuriant mouth-feel and unique flavour.
You can also try other dosas like the Quick Rice Dosa and Onion Rava Dosa .
- Combine the bread, semolina, rice flour, curds, salt and 1 cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Cover it with a lid and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Blend the bread mixture in a mixer with ¼ cup of water and blend it till smooth.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), pour a ladleful of the batter and spread in a circular motion to make a 175 mm. (7") diameter circle and pour ½ tsp of ghee on the top and edges.
- Cover it with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Fold the dosa into a semicircle.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 to make 9 more bread dosa.
- Serve immediately with sambhar and coconut chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per dosa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.