Rava Dosa, How To Make Rava Dosa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 155 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 170932 times
- Combine the semolina, flour, curds and ½ cup of water together in a bowl and mix well to get a smooth batter.
- Cover and allow it to ferment in a warm place for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the green chillies, cumin seeds, coconut, cashewnuts and salt and mix well.
- Add more water as required and mix well to a thin batter
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and sprinkle a little water on it. It should sizzle immediately.
- Grease it lightly with oil and wipe hard with a slice of onion or potato.
- Pour ½ cup of the batter and tilt the tava in all directions so that it forms a thin circle.
- Smear a little oil on the sides, cook till both sides are golden brown in colour and fold over to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 5 more dosas. Serve hot with fried coconut chutney and sambhar.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.