Whole Moong Dosa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 41 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 83148 times
whole moong dosa recipe | healthy whole moong dosa | protein rich dosa |
whole moong dosa recipe | healthy whole moong dosa | protein rich dosa is a wholesome and filling Indian breakfast option.
To make whole moong dosa, combine rice, urad dal and whole moong, add enough water and soak for 4 hours. Drain and blend with water to make batter. Allow it to ferment well. Meanwhile make a stuffing by combining onions, coriander, green chillies and salt. Make nice soft whole moong dosas from the batter and stuff with a portion of the stuffing. Remember to serve whole moong dosa hot for best flavours.
The use of whole moong in this healthy whole moong dosa offers culinary and nutritious benefits. While its rich fiber content helps lower cholesterol levels, it also gives the whole moong dosa a mild and enjoyable crunch. Moong along with rice makes a good protein as a vegetarian meal.
The stuffing of onions, coriander and green chillies also adds to the appeal of pesarattu dosa, both in terms of flavour and texture.
Have this protein rich whole moong dosa for breakfast and gain in 8.9 g protein per dosa. That’s a good amount of protein which will help nourish the cells and tissues of the body. Serve whole moong dosa with hot Sambhar.
Enjoy whole moong dosa recipe | healthy whole moong dosa | protein rich dosa | with photos and video below.
- To make whole moong dosa, combine the moong, rice and the urad dal in a deep bowl and soak in enough water for 4 hours.
- Drain well and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using 1½ cups of water as required till the batter has the consistency of dosa batter.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, cover with a lid and keep aside to ferment for 5 to 6 hours.
- Add the salt and mix well.
- Divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil. Sprinkle a little water on it (it should sizzle immediately) and wipe off using a piece of cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of batter on a hot non-stick tava (griddle) and spread in a circular motion to make a 150 mm. (6”) diameter dosa and spread ¼ tsp of oil around the edges.
- Sprinkle a portion of the stuffing evenly over the dosa and press it lightly. Cook till it is brown in colour and fold it over.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and stuffing to make 7 more dosas.
- Serve the whole moong dosa immediately with sambhar.
Whole Moong Dosa (Healthy Heart Snack) Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per dosa
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.