Stuffed Wheat Dosa ( Weight Loss During Pregnancy )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24233 times
This unique wheat dosa is enriched with urad dal, rice flour and chana dal. Tempered with simple spices, the flavourful low-fat paneer and green peas stuffing provides essential protein without the excess calories and fat.
- Combine the wheat and rice flour in a bowl, add enough water and mix well to a smooth batter. Keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the chana dal, urad dal, mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and green chillies, pour the tempering over the dosa batter and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies and tomatoes, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the green peas, paneer, chaat masala, coriander and salt, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another minute.
- Divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Add the salt and the fruit salt to the dosa batter and sprinkle a few drops of water over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly with oil.
- Spread 2 tbsp of the batter evenly to make a dosa of 100 mm (4”) diameter.
- Cook on both sides till golden brown using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Remove on a plate, place a portion of the stuffing at an edge and fold it to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat with the remaining dosa batter and stuffing to make 7 more dosas. Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per dosa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.