Ghee Roast Dosa, Crispy Dosa with Milagai Powder
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
This recipe has been viewed 10929 times
Ghee Roast Dosa is one of the most popular varieties of dosa in South Indian restaurants. It has the rich aroma of ghee and a wonderful texture that is crisp and golden coloured on the outer side and slightly softer inside.
A sprinkling of malgapodi gives this crisp dosa a yummy flavour too. This delectable dosa is usually served in the shape of a cone or a roll at restaurants.
Some restaurants also serve Family Ghee Roast, which stretches from end to end of the table, and the whole family can dig into a single crisp dosa! Oh, what fun!
You can also try other South Indian recipes like Idli Milagai Podi or Poha Dosa .
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on the tava (griddle) and wipe it off gently using a cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle.
- Drizzle 1 tsp of ghee evenly over it and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till crisp.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of malgapodi powder and spread it evenly using a flat ladle and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle or a roll.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 4 more dosas.
- Serve immediately with coconut chutney and sambhar.
Ghee Roast Dosa, Crispy Dosa with Malgapodi Powder by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per dosa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.