Stuffed Dosa Cones ( Tiffin Treats)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7478 times
Agreed, dosas taste the best when they are fresh and crisp, but there is a homely charm to soft, spongy dosas that can be comfortably packed in tiffin boxes or carried along when travelling too. Here is an amazing dosa recipe that does not even require fermentation, but stays fresh in the tiffin box for at least 4 hours. Prepare the dosas soft and stuff them with this sumptuous, excitingly flavoured mixture of potatoes and green peas to make Stuffed Dosa Cones, which look and taste attractive to kids. Also pack Apple Sticks ( Tiffin Recipe) in another tiffin, for a fruity delight to munch on during the short break or after lunch.
- Combine all the ingredients with approx. 1½ cups of water in a deep bowl and mix well. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), pour a ladleful of the batter on it and spread it in a circular motion to make a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle.
- Smear a little oil over it and along the edges and cook on a medium flame till both the sides turn light brown in colour, but it is soft.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 7 more dosas. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the potatoes, green peas, lemon juice, green chilli paste, coriander and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally and mashing it lightly using a back of a spoon. Keep aside.
- Cool the dosas and the stuffing completely.
- Place a dosa on a clean, dry surface and fold it into a semi-circle, as shown in image 1.
- Hold both the ends of the dosa and overlap each other to form a cone, as shown in image 2.
- Stuff the cone with 1 tbsp of the stuffing and press it lightly, , as shown in image 3.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 7 more stuffed dosa cones.
- Wrap in an aluminium foil, and pack in an air-tight tiffin box.
Nutrient values per stuffed dosa cone
|Vitamin A||45.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||5.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.