Stuffed Sprouts Dosa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 82 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19920 times
A gluten free snack of dosas stuffed with protein and fibre rich sprouts together with antioxidant rich veggies like beetroot, carrots, cabbage and tomatoes. While the dosas make a great alternative to rotis for the gluten-intolerant, the nutritious stuffing is a healthy alternative to starchy potatoes! You need to plan a little ahead if you wish to make Stuffed Sprouts Dosas, because the batter needs to be fermented.
- Combine the rice, urad dal, fenugreek seeds, cooked rice and 1½ cups of water in a bowl, mix well and soak them for at least 2 hours. Drain well.
- Add ¾ cup of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Cover with a lidand keep aside to ferment for at least 4 hours.
- Add the salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the mixed sprouts, beetroot, carrot, cabbage, tomatoes, coriander, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava (griddle) and spread it in a circular motion to make a 200 mm. (8”) round dosa.
- Smear ¼ tsp of oil around the edges and cook on a medium flame till the dosa turns light brown in colour.
- Place a portion of the sprouts stuffing in the centre of the dosa and fold over.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 3 more dosas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per dosa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.