1. How To Make A Perfect Dosa Batter Perfect dosas are a matter of pride, and this requires a perfect dosa batter. Two things are important while making the batter. One is the proportion of urad dal and rice. And the other one is the consistency of the batter. Though, dosa batters are readily available in the market.
2. Sada Dosa Delightfully crisp, golden-coloured pancakes made of a rice and urad dal batter, Dosas make a more indulgent breakfast compared to easy, steamed idlis.
The best part about parboiled rice is that you can make the dish as spicy or as bland as you want, without compromising on taste.
• Always wash rice between both palms in a rotary motion, instead of with one hand, to avoid the grain from breaking.
• Never clean rice after soaking. Wash well, and then soak for the required time; generally, 30 to 45 minutes will suffice.
• You can make delicious khichdi with parboiled rice. Parboiled rice, lentils, spices and seasonings are thrown into a pot or pressure cooker and cooked until the ingredients are cooked and blend well together. This makes very tasty, easy and satiating khichdi that can simply be served with papad and cucumber raita. In south India, this is called ven pongal and is generally served with coconut chutney and sambhar. How to Store Parboiled Rice (Ukda Chawal)
• Since rice still features an oil-rich germ, it is more susceptible to becoming rancid. So, try and buy only monthly stocks of parboiled rice, and use it while still fresh. It is however not too perishable and can be stocked for a few months if kept dry in an airtight container away from direct sunlight.
• Cooked rice should be stored in the refrigerator and can be used for up to 3 or 4 days.Health Benefits of Parboiled Rice (Ukda Chawal)
1. Parboiled Rice
is also known as ukda chawal. The parboiled rice is made with the rice grain soaked, steamed and dried with the hull and finally the hull is removed. In the process of steaming water soluble B Vitamins like thiamine
from the bran integrate into the grain, thus making parboiled rice superior to white rice
. A smart option to use parboiled rice effectively would be to combine with a pulse to get a high quality protein. A cereal-pulse combo like in case of idli (parboiled rice with urad dal) would serve as a complete protein comprising of all the 9 essential amino acids that your body requires. And then to make up for the fiber, add veggies to your idli and serve it with coconut chutney. Read is white rice and parboiled rice good for you?
2. Rice is wonderful in treating diarrhoea
3. Being low in fiber is extremely soothing to the digestive system.