Buckwheat and Quinoa Bread
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
This recipe has been viewed 128 times
A combo of interesting flours goes into this hearty and satiating loaf! The Buckwheat and Quinoa Bread is a healthy, gluten-free and multi-grain bread with a nice crust and dense mealy texture that’s wonderful to bite into.
The dough is a bit sticky but work on it deftly and you will end up with an awesome loaf. You can toast the bread on a tava and serve it with butter, peanut butter or your favourite spread.
It lasts in the fridge in an airtight container for 4 days. You can also try your hand at making other breads like the Multigrain Bread or Almond Flax Bread with Eggs.
- Combine the flaxseed powder and ½ cup of warm water in a deep bowl and mix well with a whisk for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine the yeast, sugar and 2 tbsp of warm water in a small bowl and mix well. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the buckwheat flour, quinoa flour, rice flour, cornflour, arrowroot flour, flaxseed-water mixture, yeast-sugar mixture and salt in a deep bowl and knead it into soft dough using enough warm water.
- Place the dough in a greased bread tin of 175 mm. X 25 mm (7" x 3") tin sprinkle the flaxseeds and buckwheat evenly over it.
- Cover the tin with a damp muslin cloth and keep it aside for 45 minutes.
- Bake it in a pre-heated at 180°c (360°f) for 45 minutes.
- Cool it slightly, demould using a butter knife and cut it into slices using a sharp bread knife.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per loaf ( 8 slices)
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.