by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10862 times
Everyone knows that butter is made from cream, and ghee from butter. But both processes take time and patience. So, with a bit of reverse engineering, we show you how to make butter from ghee!
Yes, with a quick and easy process, the ghee returns to its original form – butter! You need just three common ingredients and a few minutes time to make this luscious Homemade Butter.
After the butter sets in the fridge as described, it becomes nice and solid like the commercial butter you get, so you can cut it into cubes and serve comfortably!
Remember to start with ghee at room temperature – it should not be warm or refrigerated, just at room temperature.
Relish your delicious Homemade Butter with bread or parathas ! Try other homemade recipes like Homemade Soft French Bread or Homemade Almond Butter .
- Combine the ghee, salt and ice cubes in a deep bowl.
- Whisk it for 12 minutes using a hand whisk and then for 5 minutes using a spoon.
- Line a 100 mm. (4”) by 100 mm. (4”) aluminium tray with a cling wrap.
- Spread the mixture and tap it lightly. Use a spoon to spread it evenly.
- Put it in the fridge for 30 minutes to set. Demould the tin and remove the cling wrap.
- Store it in an air tight container in the refrigerator. Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.