How To Make Homemade White Butter, Safed Makhan Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 128269 times
how to make homemade white butter | safed makhan recipe | white butter recipe | 5 minutes desi makhan |
safed makhan recipe is a lusciousness and fresh homemade butter that is beyond comparison with any commercial brand. Learn how to make 5 minutes desi makhan.
To make homemade white butter, safed makhan, boil 1 litre of full-fat milk daily for at least 2 weeks and each day remove the malai after boiling and slightly cooling it. After collecting it for 2 weeks and storing in an air-tight container in the freezer you will get approx. 2½ cups of fresh malai. After 2 weeks remove the air-tight container from the freezer and leave it at room temperature for at least 6 hours. Then to make the white butter, combine the fresh malai and 2 cups of ice cold water in a deep bowl and blend it using a hand blender for 3 to 4 minutes. The top layer is white butter.
Who can resist topping their parathas with a dollop of homemade white butter, safed makhan or a dab on their toast?
Although white butter is readily available in the market, here’s how to make white butter recipe, which will make your parathas and sandwiches all the more special.
This homemade white butter has a special importance during Janmashtami. It is considered the food of Lord Krishna.
Tips for making homemade white butter, safed makhan. 1. Keep collecting the malai formed on top of full fat milk. 2. Do not use readymade fresh cream. 3. Cow’s milk can be used, but it will give you less quantity of fresh malai. 4. Do not over churn the malai using a hand blender, else the safed makhan might split and not form a lump which is a must.
You can store this homemade white butter, safed makhan in an airtight container in the fridge for two days. It lasts for longer, may be upto 1 to 2 months, if stored in the freezer.
Enjoy how to make how to make homemade white butter | safed makhan recipe | white butter recipe | 5 minutes desi makhan | with step by step photos below.
2 1/2 cups fresh homemade cream
- We have boiled 1 litre of full-fat milk daily for atleast 2 weeks and each day removed the malai after boiling and slightly cooling it. So after collecting it for 2 weeks and storing in an air-tight container in the freezer we got approx. 2½ cups of fresh malai.
- After 2 weeks we removed the air-tight container form the freezer and left it at room temperature for atleast 6 hours.
- Then to make the white butter, we combined the fresh malai and 2 cups of ice cold water in a deep bowl and blend it using a hand blender for 3 to 4 minutes.
- There will be a thick layer of butter formed , removed that in a deep bowl using a large spoon.
- Squeeze out all the water lightly by pressing it between your palms and put it again a deep bowl.
- Mix it well using a spoon.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container in the fridge, it will lasts for 2 days.
How To Make Homemade White Butter, Safed Makhan Recipe recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.