Dabeli with Homemade Dabeli Masala
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 40 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 115133 times
The aroma and flavour of any homemade masala is a notch higher than store-bought ones because it is both fresh and pure. Dabeli Masala is no exception.
Homemade Dabeli Masala has a really appetizing aroma and fabulous taste, which makes your Dabeli extra special. Dabeli is a scrumptious snack from the Kutch region, which is very popular on Mumbai’s roadside food scene.
It features ladi pav sandwiched with a horde of ingredients like mashed potatoes, pomegranate and masala peanuts, all flavoured excitingly with Dabeli Masala.
Serve the Dabeli made with homemade Dabeli Masala immediately after preparation to enjoy the fresh texture and vibrant burst of flavours.
You can also try other popular street foods like Ram Ladoo, Delhi Street Food Chaat or Bread Aloo Chaat, Bengali Street Food .
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the prepared dabeli masala powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the potatoes, sweet chutney, coriander and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Put ½ tsp of green chutney on the lower half of the pav, ½ tsp of garlic chutney on the other half and spread it evenly.
- Place approx. ¼ cup of the prepared potato mixture on the green chutney side and spread it evenly.
- Top it with 2 tsp of onions, 1 tsp of masala peanuts and 1 tsp of pomegranate evenly over it.
- Close the pav and press it lightly.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), put 2 tsp of butter and cook the dabeli from both the sides till it turns crispy.
- Roll the cooked dabeli over the nylon sev till all the 3 sides are evenly coated.
- Repeat steps 3 to 8 to make 9 more dabelis.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per dabeli
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.