Street Pizza Recipe, Mumbai Roadside Tawa Pizza
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18356 times
Try this pizza for a dose of local fun! It is nothing like the exotic pizzas made at popular pizzerias, but this type of pizza made by roadside vendors has become really very popular.
The Street Pizza is also made very easily using a tava with readymade pizza bases, common veggies like tomatoes and onions, and snazzy sauces and chutneys like tomato ketchup and green chutney.
It has a nice, desi taste and is lots of fun! It is important to cook the assembled pizza on a slow flame, so that there is enough time for the veggies to cook and the cheese to melt without burning the base.
You can also try other roadside recipes like the Mysore Masala Dosa or Pani Puri .
- Heat a non-stick pan and cook a pizza base till it has light brown spots on it. Put on a clean, dry surface.
- Spread 1 tsp of soft butter evenly over it.
- Put 1 tsp of green chutney, 2 tsp of tomato ketchup and 1 tsp of chilli sauce evenly over it.
- Put half of the prepared topping over it and spread it lightly.
- Finally sprinkle ¼ cup of cheese evenly over it.
- Heat a non-stick pan with 1 tsp of butter, place the pizza on it, cover with a lid and cook on a slow flame till it turns crispy.
- Cut into 6 equal pieces using a sharp knife or a pizza cutter.
- Squeeze 1 tbsp of tomato ketchup evenly all over.
- Repeat steps 1 to 8 to make 1 more pizza.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pizza
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.