Aloo Frankie ( Wraps and Rolls)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 453 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 330113 times
The aloo frankie truly needs no introduction! this one is an authentic recipe that simply never fails you. With a balance of flavours ranging from tangy to spicy it will be enjoyed by young and old alike.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes, chili powder, garam masala, chaat masala, coriander and salt, mix well and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Place a roti on a clean dry surface and spread ¼th of the potato stuffing in a single row in the centre of the roti.
- Drizzle ¼th of the masala water and 1 tsp of chillies in the vinegar evenly over it.
- Sprinkle ¼th of the onion masala mixture on it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more frankies.
- Wrap a tissue paper around each frankie and serve immediately.
- For chillies in vinegar, mix 1 tbsp of vinegar and 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies in a bowl and mix well.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.