Achari Chana Pulao, Pickled Kabuli Chana Pulao
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 251 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 180199 times
achari chana pulao | achari pulao | chickpea pulao | pickled kabuli chana pulao | with amazing 29 images
achari chana pulao also known as pickled kabuli chana pulao is for those who love the complex interplay of spices in pickles, rice and kabuli chana. Learn how to make achari chana pulao easily. Achari in the name stands for pickle flavoured, this chickpea pulao is flavoured with pickle which makes the dish even interesting.
To make achari chana pulao rice, fortified with kabuli chana, is perked up with an interesting assortment of spices ranging from nigella and fenugreek to fennel seeds and black cardamoms, along with some readymade spice powders too.
But, the real twist in this pickled kabuli chana pulao recipe is the addition of a couple of spoons of aam ka achar, which gives a really sprightly flavour and aroma to the pulao.
Ingredients used to make achari chana pulao are basic and I am sure can be found in every Indian household. I usually prepare this one-pot quick meal on tiring and long days along with any raita and papad. Each and every member in my family simply loves achari chana pulao, not even my kids create a fuss while eating it. It is also a great tiffin treat or lunch box option.
achari chana pulao can be served simply with a cup of curd, or perhaps a bowl of dal like Dahiwali Toovar Dal , Dal Kadhi, Masoor Dal or Tamatar ki Kadhi.
Learn to make achari chana pulao | achari pulao | chickpea pulao | pickled kabuli chana pulao | with detailed step by step photos.
- To make achari chana pulao, blend the mango pickle in a mixer to a coarse paste. Keep aside.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker, add the fennel seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, nigella seeds, big cardamom, cumin seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, kabuli chana, turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala, salt and the prepared pickle paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the rice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the 2½ cups hot water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve achari chana pulao hot garnished with coriander.
Achari Chana Pulao Video by Tarla Dalal
Achari Chana Pulao, Pickled Kabuli Chana Pulao recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.