Aloo Gobhi Ka Pulao
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 74 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40697 times
A homely and simple dish that is sure to satiate you, the Aloo Gobhi ka Pulao is fortified with loads of stomach-friendly veggies.
This mildly-flavoured pulao uses minimal spices so as not to irritate your stomach. Even if you have acidity problems, you can enjoy this dish occasionally when you feel like having rice, but make sure you add lots of veggies as suggested here.
As it is made in a pressure cooker and uses only common ingredients, it can be made quickly and easily on any day.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker, add the cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves and bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the rice and sauté on a slow flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, cauliflower, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and 2 cups of water, mix well and pressure cook on a medium flame for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||32.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1 mg|
|Vitamin C||13.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||5.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.