by Tarla Dalal
Added to 581 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 61372 times
A traditional recipe from goa, the coconut pulao is characteristic of the cuisine of the west coast where coconuts and cashews are used abundantly.
Cooked in coconut milk and garnished with cashews and coconut slivers, this is indeed rich fare!
You can also try other Pulaos like Hariyali Mixed Sprouts Pulao or Palak Chana Pulao .
- Heat the oil and butter in a pressure cooker, add the onion, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the carrot and green peas and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the rice, coconut milk, cashewnuts, 1½ cups of hot water and salt, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot garnished with the coconut and coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||340.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||11 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.