Whole Wheat Vegetable Tartlets
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 93 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16961 times
A scrumptious snack of whole wheat tartlets packed with assorted veggies. The stuffing is held together by a unique white sauce that is thickened with whole wheat flour and low-cal milk. Creamy and luscious, these Whole Wheat Vegetable Tartlets are sure to win everybody’s hearts. Although low-fat milk and butter are used to make these tartlets, which are also rich in fibre thanks to the horde of veggies used, it is still better to restrict the portion size to two tartlets at a time. Serve this exciting snack fresh off the oven, to enjoy the best texture and flavour.
- Remove the crust from the bread slices.
- Flatten each slice using a rolling pin.
- Grease a muffin tray using ¼ tsp of melted butter and press the bread slices.
- Brush the bread slices with the remaining ½ tsp of melted butter and bake them in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 12 to 15 minutes or till crisp. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onion and green chilies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the whole wheat flour, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the vegetables, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Fill 1 tbsp of the prepared filling in each bread tartlet and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tart
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.