Custard Fruit Tarts
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 147 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 72993 times
The custard fruit tarts are made with low fat butter, minimal sugar and fruits like oranges, apple and grapes to make your dessert full of fibre. The custard too makes use of low fat milk and just a tablespoon of sugar. Enjoy this low cal version of fruit tarts as an occasional sumptuous treat.
- Sieve together the flour and baking powder.
- Cream the low fat butter and sugar in a bowl with a wooden spoon till light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, custard powder and milk and mix gently to form a dough using a tablespoon of water if required.
- Knead the dough on a light dusted surface until smooth.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and roll each portion into a 100 mm. (4”) round using a little plain flour.
- Press each round into a greased tart mould (approx. 67 mm. (2½” ) in diameter).
- Prick with a fork at even distance.
- Place them on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°f (360°f) for 15 minutes or until the tarts are golden in colour.
- Remove, unmould and cool. Store in an air-tight container.
- Mix the custard powder in ½ cup of milk and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining milk with the sugar and mix well.
- Add the custard powder mixture and vanilla essence and cook over a low flame, stirring continuously till the mixture coats the back of the spoon.
- Cool and divide the custard into 8 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Fill each tart with a portion of the custard and refrigerate until the custard is set.
- Just before serving, top each tart with mixed fruits and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tart
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.