Soya Date Cookies
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 43 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30047 times
So simple, yet so delicious!! Cookies made with healthy ingredients like soya flour and dates are simply irresistible. The soya helps to decrease bad cholesterol (LDL) level is the body while the dates act as a healthy substitute for sugar. Enjoy these guilt free goodies any time of the day.
- Chop the dates into small pieces and add ½ cup of water.
- Bring to a boil in a non-stick pan and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes till the dates are fully mashed into a purée.
- Cool and keep aside.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, butter and sugar in a bowl using your fingertips till the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the cooled date purée and knead it into a dough.
- Cover with a plastic film and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Roll out into a sheet of 6 mm. (¼") thickness and cut out cookies approx. 37 mm. (1½") in diameter using a cookie cutter.
- Re-roll the scraps of dough to make more cookies and place them on a baking tray (line the cookie sheet with greased proof paper).
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºC (360ºF) for 25 minutes or till the cookies are golden brown.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.