Choco Dip Cookies
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 114 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 79383 times
A double-coloured delight that kids – and adults – are sure to go ga-ga over! Milky, buttery cookies baked to perfection are half-dipped in molten chocolate to add to the rich flavour and visual appeal.
A generous amount of condensed milk added to the dough gives the cookies a more intense flavour compared to those prepared with just milk powder.
To get the best outcome, exercise care at three crucial steps: while whisking the butter, you should work on it till it is light and fluffy; when mixing the dough, take care to fold it with a wooden spatula and in one direction only; and remember to refrigerate the dough for a while so that it is easy to shape. Also, refrigerate the cookies immediately on dipping into the molten chocolate, so that it gets really crisp!
Once you get the hang of it, you will realise that a wee bit of effort and time is all it takes to create these irresistible cookies!
A fantastic treat that is perfect to serve for High Tea Party or as Tiffin Snacks for kids.
- Sieve the flour and the baking powder in a deep bowl, add the milk powder, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the butter and castor sugar in a deep bowl and whisk well using a whisk till light and fluffy.
- Add the condensed milk and mix well.
- Fold in the flour mixture and mix gently to form a soft dough.
- Cover the dough with a lid and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal portions and shape into round flat cookies.
- Place the cookies on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 160°c (320°f) for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the baking tray and cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, put the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Dip half of each cookie into the melted chocolate and allow to set on a greased plate and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cookie
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.