Iftar Recipes for Ramadan
A holy month for the Muslims, Ramzan is a time for prayer, reflection and self-control. During the 30 days of this month, the Muslims observe a fast from dawn to dusk. This fast is considered as one of the five pillars of Islamic faith, because it helps people overcome temptation and impulse, helps them understand the problems of the less fortunate, and takes them closer to God.
Date and Walnut Balls
In the month of Ramzan, Muslims have a pre-dawn meal called Sehri. This is sometime around 4:00 a.m. in the morning, but the time differs from region to region depending on sunrise and sunset timings. Iftar is the meal that completes the fast after the sun sets.
Malpua Recipe ( Quick Shallow Fried )
Some people like to have heavy meals during Ramzan, while others like to keep it light throughout the month. If you are at a loss of what to cook for Iftar, this section will provide you with lots of choices.
These vegetarian options will be a welcome change from the traditional non-veg recipes that are usually cooked. While prayers strengthen your soul, these soulful dishes will reinforce your body.
Cauliflower Greens Mixed Sprouts Tikki
From desserts and snacks to drinks, we have them all. Try the recipe of Malpuas if you feel like having something sweet or go for a yummy Veg Seekh Kebab if you want to have something savoury. If you are a chaat lover, we have irresistible recipes like the Ragda and Chana Chaat for you. Explore the many recipes in this section to surprise your family with a delightful Iftar.
Chana Chaat, Kala Chana Chaat Recipe
Hot Indian drinks for Ramadan
Sipping some hot drinks make you fresh, after a tiring day. Few recipes here which will help you revive your energy levels.
1. Masala Chai a very famous hot beverage originated from India. Rainy or winter days, it is a go to beverage.
Masala Chai Or Masala Tea
2. Masala Milk a highly flavourful milk, which is derived from the Maharastrain cuisine. It is a very popular drink in India.
Masala Milk, Saffron Masala Milk Recipe
3. Honey Ginger Tea Ginger, steeped in hot boiling water and mixed with lemon juice and honey, is also a great stress relieving drink.
Honey Ginger Tea for Cold and Cough
One meal veg recipes for Ramadan
Really hungry u need something quick, one meal recipes are solution for this. Here are interesting recipes to make your meal quickly.
1. Vegetable Biryani a rice based one-pot meal dish, which is inherited from India, traces and origin of Biryani are from Hyderabad.
Biryani, Veg Hyderabadi Biryani
2. Hyderabadi Veg Haleem dish is an indispensable part of celebrity events like weddings, and is consumed especially during Iftaar, the evening meal following the day-long fast.
Hyderabadi Veg Haleem
3. Pav Bhaji nothing healthier than making your homemade pav bhaji versus opting for pav bhaji from the street.
Pav Bhaji ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes )
Veg snacks for Ramadan
1. Bread Pakora The Bread Pakora is quite easy to make too, as it uses just common ingredients. The sliced bread is dipped in a batter of besan and rice flour perked up with a dash of spices, and deep-fried till perfectly crisp.
Bread Pakora, Mumbai Bread Pakora
2. Moong Dal and Paneer Tikki marvellous mix of moong dal and paneer with ragi flour and spices lends itself to the preparation of tasty, protein-packed kebabs that please the palate and maintain your bones cells!
Moong Dal and Paneer Tikki (low Calorie Snack)
3. Chana Dal Seekh Kebab Proper cooking techniques such as shallow-frying with minimal oil and a thoughtful combination of ingredients qualifies this North Indian starter for a health book!
Chana Dal Seekh Kebab
kheer for Ramadan iftar
For Ramadan, sweets are very important to start the meal. Many people start it with sweet followed by the meal. Do try these amazing recipes for the holy month of Ramadan.
1. Khubani ka Meetha perfect dessert to serve after a sumptuous meal of Hyderabadi Biryani.
Khubani ka Meetha
2. Sheer Khurma a traditional preparation made on the festival of Eid . Every household has it's own recipe of this rich preparation.
3. Badami Kewra Sevaiyan essence of the highly scented kewra flower has been used as flavoring along with lots of chopped almonds.
Badami Kewra Sevaiyan
All-time favourite Indain sweets for Ramadan iftar
Wow, these desserts are treat to the mouth. All the recipes a super tasty and quick to make it as well. Also it is all time favourite for all those who love sweets .
1. Shahi Rabri reduces the time and energy we spend laboriously stirring the milk till it thickens in the traditional rabri recipe.
Shahi Rabri, How To Make Shahi Rabri
2. Gil-e- Firdaus elaborate but memorable sweet dish, which is made commonly in Hyderabad during festivals and weddings.
Gil-e- Firdaus, Hyderabadi Rice Kheer
3. Paneer Kheer a very easy to make sweet dish. It is made with minimum ingredients and is worth a try.
Paneer Kheer, Protein Rich Recipe
4. Fruit Custard one of the handiest desserts that you can whip up any time you are expecting a visitor because it is kind of easy and foolproof to make and you can be sure that everybody will love it!
5. Phirni north Indian dessert of rice cooked in sweetened milk is popular all over the country, known by different names and prepared with slight modifications.
Enjoy Iftar Snacks for Ramadan, Veg Snacks for Ramzan and other Ramadan recipe articles below.
Iftar Sweets and Desserts for Ramadan
Main Course Veg Indian recipes for Ramadan
Iftar Snacks for Ramadan