Malpua Recipe ( Quick Shallow Fried )
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Malpua Recipe ( Quick Shallow Fried ) in Hindi)
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Malpua Recipe ( Quick Shallow Fried ) in Gujarati)
Added to 70 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22861 times
Hot malpuas are irresistible, whether had plain or with a topping of cold rabadi . Try making this delightful treat at home itself, and with a slight twist.
In this version, I have avoided deep-frying the malpuas and cooked them with minimal ghee in a frying pan. They turn out as soft as ever.
You can also try other traditional sweet treats like Jalebi or Gulab Jamun .
- Combine the sugar and ¾ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till the sugar syrup it of 1 thread consistency.
- Add the rose water and switch off the flame.
- Add the saffron-milk mixture, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the plain flour and fresh cream in a bowl and mix well till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly with little ghee, pour a little batter on a greased tava (griddle) and spread it evenly to make a 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle.
- Cook on both the sides, using a little ghee, till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Dip the malpua in the warm sugar syrup.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 7 more malpuas.
- Serve immediately garnished with almond and pistachio slivers.
Malpuas Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per malpua
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.