Chana Chaat, Kala Chana Chaat Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 195 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 213131 times
chana chaat recipe | kala chana chaat | black chana chaat | black chickpea salad | with amazing 19 images.
chana chaat is known as kala chana chaat in Hindi and black chickpea salad in English.
chana chaat recipe is a truly exciting combination of ingredients that makes this a real winner! This is one of the easiest and tastiest chaat recipe. kala chana chaat is simply a dish made with kala chana, luscious chutneys, veggies and chaat masala. Toss them all together in butter and the delicious kala chana chaat is ready to be relished!
Imagine experiencing the nutty flavour of chana, the soothing mushiness of potatoes, the total tanginess of raw mangoes, the juiciness of tomatoes and the crunch of onions, all in one mouthful of kala chana chaat.
chana chaat is famously sold on streets, beaches in India. This is a twisted version to it where we have tossed everything in butter and cooked it together. chana chaatchana chaat can be made in a jiffy if you have soaked kala chana in hand. It about tossing everything together and relishing it.
chana chaat recipe is super versatile as you can have it as an evening snack or even as a side dish with any meal. Also, you can pack it and take it along to work or while travelling. There are many variations and versions to it and this is our version of making kala chana chaat.
You get this and much more from chana chaat thanks to the exciting flavours imparted by garam masala and chaat masala. Indeed, this chatpata tiffin treat is something that can transform your kids’ day! Also pack some Cornflakes Chivda in another tiffin for a perfect short break combo.
Learn to make chana chaat recipe | kala chana chaat | black chana chaat | black chickpea salad | with detailed step by step recipe photos and video below.
- To make chana chaat, soak the kala chana in enough water in a deep bowl overnight. Next day, drain it.
- Add the kala chana and enough water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the green chilli paste and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, garam masala and chaat masala, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, chana, salt, raw mangoes, coriander and lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the chana chaat to cool completely, and pack in an air-tight tiffin box.
Chana Chaat, Kala Chana Chaat Video by Tarla Dalal
Chana Chaat, Kala Chana Chaat Recipe recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.