Sprouted Moong Chaat
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 294 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 59741 times
We usually associate chaat with unhealthy fried foods or ones that have been cooked using loads of oil.
Sprouted Moong Chaat is a healthy variation which has all the flavour and none of the calories we relate chaat with.
Sprouts provide plenty of protein, vitamin C and iron to your diet and the protein content is further enhanced by the addition of steamed gram flour dumplings.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Grease your hands using ½ tsp of oil and shape each portion into a cylindrical roll of 6 mm. (1/4 ") in length and 25 mm. (1") in diameter.
- Arrange the rolls on a greased plate and steam in a steamer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool completely and slice the rolls into small pieces. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds, fennel seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions, turmeric powder and green chilli and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the moong sprouts, salt and ¼ cup of water and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the prepared dumplings, chaat masala, sugar and lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a few more seconds.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.