Aloo Masala Chaat
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 396 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 145294 times
Stop for a few minutes near a vendor who sells aloo masala chaat and you will be amazed by the vast range of people stopping there for a snack, from those walking by to those driving in imported cars! what’s so exciting about cooked and cubed potatoes. . . Unless it is spiked up with peppy chaat masala, tangy and juicy tomatoes, and an assortment of other lip-smacking ingredients! indeed the Aloo Masala Chaat is so tempting that it would be wonderful to learn how to make it, so you can conjure it up in your own kitchen with a wave of your magic wand any time you want to.
- Combine the potatoes, chaat masala and coriander-cumin seeds powder in a bowl and mix lightly. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the ginger and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and cook on medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chilli powder, pomegranate powder salt and lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the potato mixture, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the lemon juice and mix gently.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Aloo Masala Chaat Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.