• It is commonly used to flavour savoury dishes, salads, buttermilk, etc.
• It is an essential ingredient of many curries and gravies as it has a mild aroma that kindles the appetite.
• Put toasted coriander and cumin seeds in a pepper mill and keep on the dinner table so that you and your family can use it at any time.
• It is an important ingredient in flavouring pickles, curries and chutneys.
How to store coriander-cumin seeds powder, dhania-jeera powder
• Coriander-cumin seeds powder should be kept in an opaque, tightly sealed glass container in a cool, dark and dry place.
• Place a piece of asafoetida in the container to prevent any kind of spoilage.
• It will keep for about four to six months, but will lose its flavour and aroma over time. So, it is better to prepare and keep small stocks of the powder.
Health benefits of coriander-cumin seeds powder, dhania-jeera powder
The most common benefit of coriander cumin seeds powder known to many is to soothe the stomach, intestine and the entire digestive tract. It is an appetite stimulant and aids in the secretion of gastric juices. The presence of thymol in cumin seeds powder bags a part of its credit. It is also a good source of calcium
. Coriander powder is known to manage blood sugar levels in diabetics
. Cumin seeds powder, on the other hand, aids in weight loss
. This powder also exhibits anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties.