Last Updated : May 11,2023
Viewed 117829 times
What is custard powder ?
Custard powder originated as a boon for people who wanted an alternative to eggs. It looks a lot like cornflour and the reason being that the base used is cornstarch along with salt and flavourings. It is a ingredient which has aided everyone to make custard in a jiffy.
To make a recipe with custard powder, the basic steps followed is as follows:
Combine sugar, milk and custard powder in a broad pan to make a paste. Add hot milk and stir till sugar dissolves and becomes a thick creamy sauce. Use as required.
How to select custard powder
There are various brands available in variety of flavourings in the market. Select as required. Check packaging details before purchasing.
Culinary Uses of custard powder
Craving for sweets, here is the solution to fulfil your sweet desires, try these recipes with custard, it’s really too good. Make it in advance and enjoy.
1. Crunchy Apple Custard transform the dessert from a sinful course of the meal to a guilt-free and healthy one without compromising on taste!
2. Fruity Chocolate Tarts chocolate for the chocolate lovers, fruits for the fruit lovers and custard for the kids—in short fruity chocolate tarts are sure to please everybody!
3. Apricot Stew with Vanilla Custard apricots, with their naturally rich flavour and texture get all the more enjoyable after a simple process of deseeding and stewing.
4. Mango Custard silky smooth custard with chunky mango cubes. “Doodh Keri” or milk custard is part-and-parcel of our childhood memories.
Use custard powder sauces over puddings, cakes and other desserts.
· Pour over mixed fruits to make fruit salad with custard.
· Use as a sauce poured over jellies.
· Combine with mixed fruits and pour over tart shells to make fruit tarts. Bake or chill. Serve with glaze and fruit slices.
How to store custard powder
Store in an air tight container in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight and humidity.
Health Benefits of custard powder
It is a good alternative for people who want to avoid eggs. It thus aids in minimizing the cholesterol levels in a custard.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.