Fig and Cardamom Delight
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 88 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 80204 times
This sumptuous, easy-to-make, sweet dish can be made in advance and refrigerated. Figs have been used as they are low in calories as compared to other dried fruits and are also rich in fibre. To control the calorie count further, I have used low-fat milk and restricted the sugar to minimal.
- Soak the dried figs in 1/2 cup of water in a bowl for 1 hour.
- Blend the dried figs in a mixer (along with the water) to a smooth purée. Keep aside.
- Combine ¾ cup water and agar-agar in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes or till the agar-agar melts, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk, sugar, cardamom powder and fig purée, mix well and cook on a slow for 2 to 3 minutes or till the sugar dissolves completely. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Pour into 6 individual glasses/ bowls and refrigerate for at 3 to 4 hours or till it sets.
- Serve chilled garnished with a few saffron strands.
Fig and Cardamom Delight (Low Cal, Health Heart) Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.