Methi and Moong Sprouts Wrap
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 194 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41797 times
These sumptuous whole wheat wraps are perfect to have for brunch, or as a meal on the go. The use of fibre-rich ingredients like methi and moong make this an ideal food for diabetics. In general, most fibre-rich foods help the lower blood glucose levels, but methi is all the more efficient because it stimulates the production of insulin. Moong is a good source of antioxidants, Vitamin A too, which is another plus point for a diabetic diet. Interestingly, the Methi and Moong Sprouts Wrap is also a good way to make use of leftover chapatis!
- Heat the oil in a small broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute or till the onions turn light brown in colour.
- Combine the sautéed garlic and onions with the curds in a deep bowl.
- Add the chilli powder, asafoetida and salt and mix well.
- Divide the spread into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 15 seconds.
- Add the fenugreek leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the sprouted moong, turmeric powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and lightly cook each chapati on it on both the sides.
- Place the chapati on a clean, dry surface and spread 1 portion of the methi and moong sprouts stuffing in the centre of the chapati.
- Spread 1 portion of the garlic-onion spread evenly over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 3 more wraps.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wrap
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.