Cauliflower and Oats Tikki
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 276 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 58137 times
Normally tikkis are made by binding assorted ingredients with mashed potatoes. Here, however, we have used low calorie cauliflower with fibre-rich oats for that purpose! Two unusual ingredients, combined with colourful veggies results in a top-class tikki that will enthral you.
The vegetables add to the fibre, vitamin and antioxidant content of this snack, while the mint and coriander pool in Vitamin C apart from imparting a tantalizing aroma and flavour to the Cauliflower and Oats Tikki. This delightful snack is cooked on a tava with minimal oil to reduce the nutrient loss and calorie count.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the onions into a deep bowl, add the cauliflower, french beans and carrots, mix well and mash lightly using a potato masher.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, mix well and keep aside for 10 minutes. So the oats absorb all the flavours and binds well.
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2") flat round tikki.
- Heat the non-stick tava (griddle) and grease using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Cook each tikki on a slow flame using 1/8 tsp of oil, till they turn crisp and golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve immediately with healthy green chutney.
- To get ½ cup of oats flour, blend ½ cup of quick cooking rolled oats in a mixer to a smooth powder.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tikki
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.