eggless date and almond cake | healthy Indian date almond cake | khajur badam cake recipe |
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19682 times
eggless date and almond cake | healthy Indian date almond cake | khajur badam cake recipe | with 28 images.
After lots of hard work, we have finally found a healthy Indian date almond cake recipe. To make a cake without plain flour and sugar is not easy. Here in thiseggless date and almond cake we have used dates as the sweetener and oats to bind the cake.
date and almond cake is made from easily available ingredients in the Indian kitchen. khajur badam cake recipe is made from dates, almonds, almond milk, whole wheat flour, butter and Indian spices.
For those who are fit and eat healthy, here is a super the answer. This cake is also good for marathoners, athletes dessert.
See why we think this is a healthy Indian date almond cake recipe? 1 cup of dates (90 gm) used in the recipe gives around 8.05 gm of fiber and will lower down the cholesterol level and will also aid in weight loss. A cup of dates contain 703 mg of potassium (14.95% of RDA) which helps in the regulation of blood pressure and also prevents formation of kidney stones. Dates have a low glycemic index from 43 to 55 depending on the variety, so they are a boon to diabetics to satisfy their sweet tooth.
Note that butter used in healthy Indian date almond cake recipe has a short chain fatty acids and medium chain fatty acids which are broken down and absorbed into the body directly and go straight to the liver and get converted to fuel to be used by the muscles. Research shows that small amounts of butter has positive effects on heart health and diabetics. Also butter is a healthy fat.
The eggless date and almond cake sold in Indian restaurants have brown sugar or jaggery added to it making it unhealthy. To make the eggless date and almond cake gluten free, you can replace the whole wheat flour with jowar or bajra flour.
When to have date and almond cake? The best time is after dinner as everyone craves for something sweet. Having one slice of this healthy Indian date almond cake every night is perfectly healthy also for diabetics, weight loss and heart patients.
Enjoy eggless date and almond cake | healthy Indian date almond cake | khajur badam cake recipe | with detailed step by step photos below.
- To make eggless date and almond cake, combine the dates and ¼ cup of water in a small mixer jar and blend till smooth. Keep aside.
- Put the almonds in a small mixer jar and blend till smooth. Keep aside.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, oats, almond powder, cinnamon powder, baking powder, cardamom powder and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Put the butter in a deep bowl and using an electric beater, beat for 2 minutes.
- Add the dates puree and vanilla essence and beat again for 1 minute.
- Add the dry ingredients and almond milk and mix it well using a spatula.
- Transfer the mixture into a baking tray of 225 mm. X 125 mm. (9” x 5”) and tap it lightly.
- Sprinkle the almond slivers and press it lightly using your hands.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 25 minutes.
- Cool the date and almond cake with eggs slightly and demould the cake.
- Cut the eggless date and almond cake into 18 equal pieces and store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
Eggless Date and Almond Cake, Indian Healthy Cake recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per piece
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.