Lapsi Methi Muthia ( Non- Fried Snacks )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 53 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36538 times
Lapsi Methi Muthias, these healthy muthias are sure to keep you 'full' for a long time. These are slightly more crumbly than the regular muthias because of the broken wheat, but I guarantee that you will love them.
They are very different and also healthy atop that, as I have used broken wheat, methi and bajra. The tinge of garlic adds to the flavour, while baking soda makes them softer. You can also use fruit salt instead of soda.
Serve with Green Chutney or Sweet Chutney .
- Combine the broken wheat, fenugreek leaves, bajra flour, garlic, ginger-green chilli paste, sugar, baking soda , turmeric powder, curds and salt in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough adding water as required.
- Apply a little oil on your hands and divide the mixture into 30 equal portions.
- Shape each portion into a ball.
- Arrange the balls on a greased sieve and steam in a steamer for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
- Cool slightly and cut into 12 mm. (½”) slices and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Add the muthia pieces and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till they turn light brown in colour and crisp. Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
- Boil a vesselful of water, add ¾ cup of broken wheat and cook on a medium flame till done. Drain and refresh using cold water. Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.