This category has been viewed 6306 times
Healthy Recipes > Home Remedies >
Home Remedies Sore Throat, Throat Pain recipes
Last Updated : Dec 12,2017
SORE THROAT / THROAT PAIN
What is Sore Throat?
Sore throat is inflammation (infection) of the throat.
Causes of Sore Throat
•Infection like a cold and cough
•Allergy, especially dust
•Change of weather
Though there is not much one can do to make it disappear at will, these remedies are sure to make your throat feel a lot better.
1. Salt water gargle: Gargling with warm water made by dissolving ½ tsp of salt in a cup of warm water, is a tried and tested remedy. Repeat this as often as possible for a speedy recovery.
2. Clove (laung / lavang): Two to three lightly roasted cloves should be kept in the mouth. The oils released from the cloves help to soothe the throat and also keeps your breath fresh.
3. Cinnamon (dalchini): Add a tsp of cinnamon powder and a tsp of honey to a cup of warm water and sip on it.
4. Lemon: Combine the juice of ½ lemon with 1 tsp of honey in a cup of hot water and sip it while it is still warm. Repeat this at least two or three times a day.
5. Ajwain (carom seeds): A quarter to half tsp of ajwain mixed in warm milk helps to ease the sore throat. Check out the recipe of Ajwain and Turmeric Milk
6. Tulsi (Indian basil): A concoction made by boiling tulsi leaves in water is a very well known remedy for sore throat. See the recipe of Tulsi Tea.
Foods to be Avoided
•Spicy, oily and salty foods
•Aerated drinks and alcohol
•Confectionery and mithai
•Pickles, canned and preserved foods
Easy Tips for Soothing a Sore Throat
1. Try to serve foods at room temperature or lukewarm as hot food may cause throat irritation.
2. Have semi-liquid and soft foods which do not require much chewing. However eat enough to meet up your daily nutrient requirement. For example, a bland khichdi, a milk shake, roti dipped in dal are all good choices to ease a sore throat.
3. Do not eat meals in a hurry as this may be irritating for the throat. Sit down in one place and eat in a calm and relaxed atmosphere.
4. Avoid smoking as it aggravates the throat and interferes with the infection-fighting activity of the cells.
5. REST a lot as it gives your body a better chance to fight off the virus.
01 Jul 05
Fresh Ginger Pickle by Tarla Dalal
Monsoon is the perfect time of year to make this, as the ginger is tender and at its aromatic best.
26 Apr 17
Lemon Honey Water, Madh Ka Pani by Tarla Dalal
Lemon Honey Water is a soothing herbal concoction that has amazing effects when had in the morning. Millions of people across the world start the day with it, and enjoy its health benefits. It is also excellent to soothe the throat.
While making Lemon Honey Water, you must note that the water mu ....
05 Nov 15
Ajwain and Turmeric Milk by Tarla Dalal
Some remedies come with a superb flavour, which is very apt for the condition you are in! This age-old remedy for sore throat is a perfect example.
The healing properties of turmeric and ajwain are packaged with a soothing, slightly-spicy taste that will soothe your sore throat in a very appea ....
11 May 18
Tulsi Tea by Tarla Dalal
Comforting and refreshing at the same time, this Tulsi Tea, with its unmistakable herbal accents is a wonderful cure for sore throat.
While the anti-viral and soothing properties of tulsi are well-known, what makes this remedy all the more effective is the addition of lemon juice, which helps ....
19 Oct 15
Minty Spicy Lemongrass Milk by Tarla Dalal
A hot glass of milk can be very comforting indeed, especially when it is pepped up with aromatic spices. Here is a hot cuppa that will soothe your senses and rejuvenate you when a bad cold saps your energy.
Lemongrass and mint leaves add vitamin C to this pleasing beverage, helping to relieve ....
01 Jul 05
Lemon Grass Tea by Tarla Dalal
Warm body-and-soul with this simple, fragrant and comforting beverage.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.