This category has been viewed 2207 times
Healthy Recipes > Home Remedies >
Home Remedies Headache recipes
Last Updated : Dec 13,2017
Headache occurs to each individual at some time or the other.
What causes Headaches ?
It has many causes which are physiological or psychological, some of which are listed below.
•Hypoglycemia i.e. low blood sugar levels due to non-consumption of food
•Excessive strain on eyes
•Lack of vitamins and minerals in the body leading to physical weakness that manifests itself in the form of a headache
•Other illness like sinusitis
1. Lemon: An equal proportion of lemon and ginger juice when consumed brings instant relief from headache. Try the recipe of Ginger Lemon Cup to overcome headache.
2. Turmeric (haldi) milk: One tsp of turmeric powder mixed in a glass of milk and boiled for 5 to 10 minutes is an effective remedy against headache.
3. Tulsi (Indian basil): Tulsi in combination with lemon is an age-old remedy for headache.
4. Cinnamon (dalchini): A paste made with cinnamon and water should be applied on the forehead 2 to 3 times every day.
5. Cloves (laung / lavang): A fine mixture of cloves and salt with water or milk is a common cure for headache. Apply the mixture on the forehead twice or thrice daily.
Foods to be Avoided
•Tea and coffee
•Fermented foods like dhokla, idli, dosa, cheese etc.
•Chilled beverages and ice-creams
•Pickles and preserved foods
•Aerated drinks and alcohol
A Few Ways to Chase a Headache Away
The best therapy for a headache is one that suits the malady that it comes with. Here are a few ways that work well for most headaches.
1. Try and restrict the consumption of sugar. Though sugar in small quantities actually helps to cure headaches, excess sugar may trigger a headache or sometimes worsen an already existing one.
2. Consume plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables as they abound in vitamins A, C, E and B complex, zinc and iron all of which strengthen the immune system. Sources of these vitamins include green leafy vegetables (cabbage, spinach, broccoli), sprouts and red and yellow fruits and vegetables (tomato, orange, sweet lime, carrot etc.).
3. Avoid smoking as it can aggravate the headache.
4. Indulge in any activity you enjoy. Listen to music, go for a walk or cook as it keeps our mind and body fresh and alert.
5. A stress related headache will vanish with a warm oil head massage accompanied with a glass of warm Ginger and Lemon Cup.
23 Sep 13
Spinach and Mint Soup by Tarla Dalal
Soup, with a lovely taste and consistency. This soup is brimful of the goodness of spinach and spring onion greens, not to forget a dash of coriander and mint. The nutmeg and black pepper not only spike up the flavour, they also bring in their healing properties—making this a true herbal delight.
Ginger and Lemon Cup by Tarla Dalal
Nothing like a natural, caffeine-free cuppa to relieve a headache. What – no caffeine, but cures headache? Yes, this Ginger and Lemon Cup is a really pleasant surprise for anybody with a headache.
Grate ginger and extract its juice, add lemon juice, water, and other ingredients in the mentione ....
Ajwain and Turmeric Milk by Tarla Dalal
Some remedies come with a superb flavour, which is very apt for the condition you are in! This age-old remedy for sore throat is a perfect example.
The healing properties of turmeric and ajwain are packaged with a soothing, slightly-spicy taste that will soothe your sore throat in a very appea ....
Paneer and Spinach Soup by Tarla Dalal
The protein-packed paneer and spinach soup is a meal in a bowl! generous use of moong dal, paneer and spinach make it extremely nourishing and filling, while the onion and pepper bring in their soothing yet sharp flavours.
Tulsi Tea by Tarla Dalal
Comforting and refreshing at the same time, this Tulsi Tea, with its unmistakable herbal accents is a wonderful cure for sore throat.
While the anti-viral and soothing properties of tulsi are well-known, what makes this remedy all the more effective is the addition of lemon juice, which helps ....
Lemon Grass Tea by Tarla Dalal
Warm body-and-soul with this simple, fragrant and comforting beverage.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.