This category has been viewed 3062 times
Healthy Recipes > Home Remedies >
Home Remedies Sunstroke recipes
Last Updated : Apr 16,2019
લૂ માટેનો આહાર
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Home Remedies Sunstroke recipes in Gujarati)
What is a Sunstroke?
It's a serious condition caused by excessive exposure to the hot sun which is characterized by dizziness, dehydration and a high body temperature but without perspiring. Constant exposure to excessive heat may also burn the topmost layer of skin which will eventually peel off.
Try the following remedies if you ever experience sunstroke.
1. Raw Mango: Raw mango is considered to be one of the most common cooling foods for sunstroke. Panha, page 131, a drink made with raw mango is most refreshing on a sunny afternoon.
2. Water rich fruits: Consume plenty of water rich fruits like watermelon, pineapple, orange etc. These help to relieve excessive thirst and remove summer heat.
3. Fluids: Drink plenty of fluids (water and fruit juices) to maintain your fluid and salt balance. Buttermilk made with fresh curds is considered to be one of the best fluids as it helps cool your system and relieves the heat from your body. Try the recipe of Phudina Chaas.
4. Onion: Onions provide a cooling effect and it's good to have them raw in the form of salads or chutney for lunch everyday.
Foods to be Avoided
•Tea and coffee
•Aerated drinks and alcohol
Easy Ways to Relieve Sunstroke
1. If you happen to go out during sunny afternoons, use sunscreens and wear a hat. Also wear light weight natural fabrics to stay cool and protect your skin.
2. Apply a cool wash cloth to the upper spine and back to decrease body temperature.
3. Have plenty of fluids in the form of natural juices and avoid alcoholic, carbonated and caffienated drinks.
4. Take cool baths or showers at least 2 to 3 times a day.
5. Moisturize the skin to decrease body heat and also to ease sun-burnt skin.
Tangy Twist ( Vitamin C Rich Recipe ) by Tarla Dalal
A glassful of vitamin c! although it is beneficial to eat whole fruit rather than a juice, this one is an exception as it provides your daily dose of vitamin c in one shot. Pomegranates are rich in fibre and potassium making this a refreshing shot of multi-vitamins. Drink-up!
Panha by Tarla Dalal
A traditional summer cooler, Panha is a really snazzy way to fight sunstrokes. This peppy drink of raw mangoes sweetened with sugar and flavoured with aromatic spices like cardamom and saffron peps up your taste buds with its tingling, tangy taste.
Raw mangoes are by nature very cooling and wh ....
Fruity Mango Juice by Tarla Dalal
Mangoes are so closed entwined with the summer, nobody can go without them! While the fruit tastes great as it is, it also features in an unending array of recipes ranging from juices and ice-creams to subzis and desserts too. Here is a brilliant Fruity Mango Juice made with mango pulp and sugar, to ....
Muskmelon, Orange and Coconut Drink by Tarla Dalal
The unusual combination of muskmelon, orange and coconut water lends a refreshing flavour to this drink. Tender coconut water adds a tingling sensation to the tangy flavour of orange, while muskmelon gives a soothing texture and pleasant scent to it.
A touch of black salt perks up the Muskmelo ....
Muskmelon Drink with Cardamom by Tarla Dalal
Summer is incomplete without mangoes and melons, and delightful treats made with them. Here is a refreshing Muskmelon Drink with Cardamom, which is sure to refresh you on a hot summer’s day.
A dash of lemon juice perks up the mild flavour of muskmelon, transforming the drink into a tongue-tick ....
Pineapple Celery Juice ( Cooking with 1 Tsp Oil) by Tarla Dalal
Regale your senses with the fresh scents and peppy flavours of pineapple and celery, highlighted with a pinch of black salt!
Pineapple gives this fibre-laden drink loads of iron and a good dose of vitamin C too, which improves the absorption of iron by your body. Celery contributes vitamin A t ....
Watermelon Slush by Tarla Dalal
Sometimes, a slush is more invigorating than a simple juice, perhaps because you tend to roll the icy granules in your mouth for a while, and so the refreshing glassful lasts longer! Here is a marvelous Watermelon Slush that is ideal for warm summer afternoons. This effective cooler is loaded with i ....
Aam ka Panna by anu_bunny
A traditional summer cooler, Aam ka Panha is a really snazzy way to fight sunstrokes on hot days.
This peppy drink of raw mangoes sweetened with sugar and flavoured with aromatic spices like cumin seeds, spicy black pepper and tangy black salt, peps up your taste buds with its tingling taste.
04 Mar 11
Blacky Rum by Foodie#406125
Ginger and honey combination makes this drink delicious and delectable.
15 Sep 16
Sauf ka Sherbet by Foodie#402720
Sauf ka Sherbet is a super coolant and will instantly recharge you on a hot summer's day. Khus khus the thirst quencher adds a nutty aroma, whereas the elaichi powder lends a mild warm pungent taste and a pleasant aroma.
12 May 11
Mango Khus Sherbat by Radha Hoizal
Mango Khus Sherbat, in this sherbat their is unique combination of khus with mango. This remedy is exclusively for this summer where North Indian states are under the blazing sun.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.