Chaas, Buttermilk Recipe, Salted Chaas Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Chaas, Buttermilk Recipe, Salted Chaas Recipe in Hindi)
Added to 351 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 202145 times
Ummmmm. . . No one can stop with just one glass of this tantalising version of buttermilk. Of the many spices combined thoughtfully in this refreshing drink, cumin seed powder reserves a special place.
Serve chilled chaas on hot summer afternoons and watch your family’s energy levels rise instantly. It is good to note that chaas also aids in digestion. However, remember this is more of a day-drink.
Aside from this chaas recipe, try our other chaas recipes like Pudina Chaas, Masala Chaas, Salted Chaas and our Low-Fat Chaas which is perfect for diabetics, heart and weight loss.
Enjoy how to make Chaas recipe with detailed step by step photos and video below.
- To make the chaas, combine the curds, cumin seeds powder, ginger-green chilli paste, black salt and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add 4 cups of chilled water and whisk well. Keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and pour the tempering over the buttermilk.
- Serve the chaas chilled garnished with coriander.
- Chaas makes a delicious accompaniment for handvo.
Chaas Recipe Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per glass
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.