- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Panha in Hindi)
Added to 190 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22332 times
A traditional summer cooler, Panha is a really snazzy way to fight sunstrokes. This peppy drink of raw mangoes sweetened with sugar and flavoured with aromatic spices like cardamom and saffron peps up your taste buds with its tingling, tangy taste.
Raw mangoes are by nature very cooling and when served in the form of a drink it also serves to hydrate the body. So, boost your energy and beat the heat with a glassful of chilled Panha.
- Combine the saffron with 1 tbsp of water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the raw mangoes and 1½ cups of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Once cooled, peel and remove the pulp in a bowl.
- Combine the pulp and sugar and blend it in a mixer till smooth.
- Add the saffron-water mixture, cardamom powder and black salt and mix well.
- Add 3 cups of chilled water and mix well.
- Pour equal quantities of the drink into 4 individual glasses.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.