Indian Home Remedies for fever + recipes for fever
Indian Home Remedies for fever + recipes for fever. Fever is a rise in the body temperature above normal levels i.e. above 36.9°C or 98.4°F. It can present itself with various ailments like viral infections, allergy and other diseases like jaundice, chicken pox, malaria etc.
Indian home Remedies to reduce fever
The remedies mentioned below are ones that can be put to use only when fever is a result of a viral infection, exhaustion or because of some other ailments like chicken pox, malaria etc.
1. Tulsi (Indian basil): A mixture made by grinding few tulsi leaves, ¼ tsp of sunflower seeds (surya mukhi ke beej) and 1 tsp of honey helps to overcome fever.
2. Mint (phudina) and ginger (adrak): Any type of fever can be cured quickly by drinking the mint and ginger concoction. See recipe of Fresh Herbal Tea
3. Turmeric powder (haldi): Half a tsp of turmeric powder and a quarter tsp of black pepper powder mixed in a cup of hot milk has been proven to be excellent for fever. Drink this milk twice a day.
4. Sandalwood: Applying sandalwood mixture on the forehead also helps to reduce the body temperature.
5 Foods to be Avoided when you have fever
•Chilled beverages and ice-creams
•Confectionery and mithai
•Pickles, canned and preserved foods
•Aerated drinks and alcohol
Home remedy tips to Hasten Recovery from Fever
1. Consume plenty of green leafy vegetables (cabbage, spinach, broccoli), sprouts and red and yellow fruits and vegetables (oranges, tomatoes, carrots etc.) which abound in vitamins A, B complex, C, zinc and iron.
2. Drink of plenty of fluids (water, soups and juices) as this helps to replenish the fluids lost during infection. You can also try the Fresh Herbal Tea, to make up for your body fluids and to chase away the cough and cold that usually accompanies the fever.
3. Eat freshly cooked meals instead of refrigerated foods.
4. Avoid foods that put a strain on your body's metabolism like oily foods.
5. Avoid smoking as it aggravates the throat and interferes with the infection-fighting activity of the cells.
6.Take plenty of rest as it gives your body a better chance to fight the virus.