This category has been viewed 17079 times
Healthy Recipes > Home Remedies >
Home Remedies Fever recipes
Last Updated : Jan 22,2018
What is fever?
Fever is a rise in the body temperature above normal levels i.e. above 36.9°C or 98.4°F. It can present itself with various ailments like viral infections, allergy and other diseases like jaundice, chicken pox, malaria etc.
The remedies mentioned below are ones that can be put to use only when fever is a result of a viral infection, exhaustion or because of some other ailments like chicken pox, malaria etc.
1. Tulsi (Indian basil): A mixture made by grinding few tulsi leaves, ¼ tsp of sunflower seeds (surya mukhi ke beej) and 1 tsp of honey helps to overcome fever.
2. Mint (phudina) and ginger (adrak): Any type of fever can be cured quickly by drinking the mint and ginger concoction. See recipe of Fresh Herbal Tea
3. Turmeric powder (haldi): Half a tsp of turmeric powder and a quarter tsp of black pepper powder mixed in a cup of hot milk has been proven to be excellent for fever. Drink this milk twice a day.
4. Sandalwood: Applying sandalwood mixture on the forehead also helps to reduce the body temperature.
Foods to be Avoided
•Chilled beverages and ice-creams
•Confectionery and mithai
•Pickles, canned and preserved foods
•Aerated drinks and alcohol
Tips to Hasten Recovery from Fever
1. Consume plenty of green leafy vegetables (cabbage, spinach, broccoli), sprouts and red and yellow fruits and vegetables (oranges, tomatoes, carrots etc.) which abound in vitamins A, B complex, C, zinc and iron.
2. Drink of plenty of fluids (water, soups and juices) as this helps to replenish the fluids lost during infection. You can also try the Fresh Herbal Tea, to make up for your body fluids and to chase away the cough and cold that usually accompanies the fever.
3. Eat freshly cooked meals instead of refrigerated foods.
4. Avoid foods that put a strain on your body's metabolism like oily foods.
5. Avoid smoking as it aggravates the throat and interferes with the infection-fighting activity of the cells.
6.Take plenty of rest as it gives your body a better chance to fight the virus.
19 Mar 18
Moong Dal Khichdi, Gujarati Recipe by Tarla Dalal
Moong dal khichdi is very popular as a comfort food. It is sure to soothe you and make you feel better when you are off colour, especially if you are down with a fever or stomach ache!
Dal and rice cooked together with peppercorns and flavoured with ghee, it is a light and healthy meal despite t ....
01 Jan 1900
Moong Osaman ( Eat Well Stay Well Recipes ) by Tarla Dalal
Moong osaman, this tangy and light soup works best for detoxification. Moong is easily digestible and this soup contains no spices and little oil. It just has a mild flavouring of curry leaves and lemon juice etc.
26 Mar 18
Minty Apple Salad by Tarla Dalal
Just a look at this delightful salad is enough to boost your appetite, but even if that does not work, a cupful of it will undoubtedly help you fight Anorexia
A lovely combination of apple cubes dotted with peppy mint leaves, and laced wit ....
05 May 18
Fresh Herbal Tea, Tulsi, Mint and Ginger Drink For The Common Cold by Tarla Dalal
This herb packed and honey combed hot drink is just perfect to perk up your spirits when you are down with fever.
While the benefits of tulsi and ginger in relieving congestion and soothing the respiratory system are well known, few know that vitamin C rich mint also helps in relieving cold and ....
11 Jan 11
Carrot Onion Soup by Tarla Dalal
The Carrot Onion Soup is a hearty soup made with a unique combination of ingredients. What is so new about combining carrot and onions? Look a little further to discover that this lovely soup also features apples, which brings about a beautiful balance in both flavour and texture.
Milk adds a ....
16 Oct 17
Sliced Onions with Lemon Juice and Green Chillies by Tarla Dalal
Although it is very easy to make and uses few and common ingredients, Sliced Onions with Lemon Juice and Green Chillies is an accompaniment that is sure to make even a simple meal seem amazingly exciting.
This is thanks to the crunchy texture and snazzy flavour of the ingredients that go into it ....
28 Jan 15
Mini Jowar Pancakes by Tarla Dalal
Pancakes can be made from a variety of different flours. Add cucumber, onions, curds and green chillies to otherwise bland jowar flour to create soft and tasty pancakes. Pair them with fresh green chutney for a great breakfast!
04 Jan 17
Muskmelon, Coconut and Orange Drink by Tarla Dalal
With its pleasant fragrance and soothing taste, this Muskmelon, Coconut and Orange Drink will give you a sensory reboot!
Indeed, in the midst of our hectic lifestyles, drinks like this that detox and refresh the body feel heavenly.
In this recipe, vitamin A rich muskmelon has been creatively ....
20 Aug 11
Nourishing Barley Soup by Tarla Dalal
Barley is a cereal that is not usually used in everyday cooking. It is however a great source of protein, iron and fibre and tastes good too, if cooked with flavourful ingredients as I have done in this broth. The combination of masoor dal along with barley i.e. a pulse with a cereal makes this soup ....
01 Jul 05
Lemon Grass Tea by Tarla Dalal
Warm body-and-soul with this simple, fragrant and comforting beverage.
22 Jan 18
Salt and Sugar Drink for Diarrhoea, Oral Rehydration Solution by Tarla Dalal
Although several oral rehydration solutions (ORS) are commercially available today, the quickest home remedy to regain electrolyte balance after a bout of diarrhoea is the Salt and Sugar Drink!
This simple solution has been used since generations and is quite time-tested and safe. The salt helps ....
29 Jun 02
Jeera &jaggery Churna by swe
This is helpful for those who r suffering from mild fever often.
take this churna for 21 days.
u can also make churna for 21days & store.
01 Aug 02
Kala Jeera Pani for Treatment Of Fever by meenakshipal
Kaala jeera pani for treatment of fever is a simple home remedy to alleviate all discomfort associated with flu or fever. You are sure to find many simple home remedies , tips, recipe ideas at tarladalal.com
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.