Carrot Onion Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 149 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 75283 times
The Carrot Onion Soup is a hearty soup made with a unique combination of ingredients. What is so new about combining carrot and onions? Look a little further to discover that this lovely soup also features apples, which brings about a beautiful balance in both flavour and texture.
Milk adds a dimension of richness to this awesome soup, while a seasoning of dried herbs gives it an aesthetic flavour. This zero-oil treat also gives you loads of protein and calcium from milk, and fibre and vitamin A from the carrot and apples.
Start your meal with this hearty soup followed by Paneer Shavarma Wrap and Brown Rice Risotto .
- Heat the pressure cooker on a medium flame and when hot, add the onions and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the carrot, apple, little salt and 1½ cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep non-stick pan, add the mixed herbs, milk, ½ cup of water, salt and pepper powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 41 kcal|
|Protein|| 1.4 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 8.4 gm|
|Invisible fat|| 0.2 gm|
|Fibre|| 1.6 gm|
|Calcium|| 68.3 mg|
|Vitamin A|| 478.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.