How many calories does one serving of Carrot Onion Soup have?
One serving of Carrot Onion Soup gives 78 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 48 calories, proteins account for 8 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 16 calories. One serving of Carrot Onion Soup provides about 4 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Carrot Onion Soup recipe. carrot onion soup recipe | healthy onion carrot soup | spiced onion carrot soup | Indian onion carrot soup with herbs .
Carrot Onion Soup is a hearty soup made with a unique combination of ingredients. What is so new about combining carrot and onions in healthy onion carrot soup ? Look a little further to discover that this lovely Indian onion carrot soup with herbs also features apples, which brings about a beautiful balance in both flavour and texture.
To make spiced onion carrot soup, heat very little olive oil in a pressure cooker and sauté onions in it. When done, add carrot, apple, salt and water and pressure cook for 3 whistles. Once the cooker cools down slightly, blend it in a mixer till smooth. Transfer to a broad pan and add some flavours to it by way of pepper powder, mixed herbs and salty. Also add some milk to it. Milk adds a dimension of richness to this awesome soup, while a seasoning of dried herbs gives it an aesthetic flavour. Finally boil for 3 minutes and the healthy soup is ready for serving.
This Indian onion carrot soup with herbs gives you loads of protein and calcium from milk. This will nourish all the cells and tissues of the body. The soup also adds huge quantities of vitamin A from the carrot.
What’s more from health view is that this spiced onion carrot soup is filled with fiber too as the soup has not been strained. Fiber acts as a ‘broom’ and helps in cleaning the digestive system, thus preventing constipation. It is a boon for weight watchers too. It keeps them satisfied for long hours thus avoiding junk eating.
Start your meal with this hearty carrot onion soup soup!
Is Carrot Onion Soup healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Carrots (gajjar) : Carrots have the nutrient Beta Carotene which is a form of Vitamin A, helps prevent deterioration of the eye as one gets older and prevents night blindness. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. Read the 11 super benefiits of carrots and why to include in your daily diet.
2. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin which promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
3. Apples : Being low in sodium, apples are effective against high blood pressure because of its diuretic effect. Don't peel the fruit to get maximum apple benefits. Two-thirds of the fibre and lots of antioxidants are found in the peel. Apple benefits diabetics as the soluble fibre assists in regulating blood sugar and is heart friendly. See detailed 9 health benefits of apple.
4. Milk and Low Fat Milk : 1 cup of milk provides 70% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of Calcium. Milk promotes strong bones. The Calcium in Milk helps to protect your teeth against gum disease and keeps your jaw bone strong and healthy. Milk is low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. However diabetics must consider including low fat milk as advised by their dietitian only so as to avoid any fluctuations in blood sugar levels. Protein is another key nutrient which milk is rich in - 8.6 g from a cup. So all those looking to build protein stores can add milk and its products like curd and paneer to their diet. One cup of Milk gives 10 grams of carbs. Low fat milk has lower fat and the same benefits of milk.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Carrot Onion Soup?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Carrot is great for the eyes.They relieve constipation, lower blood pressure, have fibre and lower cholesterol. The quercetin in Onions promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body.
Can healthy individuals have Carrot Onion Soup?
Yes. Let's see why?
1. A simple healthy low calorie soup which is sure to lure the fusiset person.
2. 3.2 g of fiber from a serving of this qualifies this soup as healthy for heart patients as well. Fiber helps to manage cholesterol levels and blood pressure too.
3. The bringht orange-red colour of this soup is quite tempting for kids too. It's a snealk way of adding veggies to their diet.
4. The vitamin A from the soup helps build immunity and improve vsision both.
5. Diabetics too can enjoy half to a serving of this diabetic friendly soup depending on the other foods they consume through the day.
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
Carrot Onion Soup is high in
1. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
2. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 78 calories that come from Four Carrot Onion Soup?
Walking (6 kmph) = 23 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 8 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 10 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 13 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.