Best Iron recipes for Anemia, 10 Vegetarian Sources of Iron
If you don’t eat enough leafy vegetables and greens, you will become weak and tired. There won’t be enough blood, and you will look pale and anaemic,” is something we have grown up hearing right from our childhood. Be it mom, be it grandma, they have always painted a very green and leafy picture of iron! There is no doubt that green leafy veggies, are a great source of iron, but there is much more to it. Some cereals, dals and pulses and nuts and oil seeds are fantastic sources of iron too. Learn a few more sources of iron here…..
1. Leafy vegetables like Spinach, fenugreek leaves, cauliflower greens, dill leaves etc.
2. Nuts like Walnuts, peanuts and Almonds.
3. Seeds like garden cress seeds, sunflower seeds and poppy seeds.
4. Pulses like kabuli chana, moong, matki, rajma etc.
5. Cereals like ragi flour, jowar, bajra, Bajra Flour, Jowar Flour.
7. Beatn rice (poha)
9. Fruits like watermelon and Pineapple.
10. Dried Coconut
Cooked in interesting ways, these provide variety and many a tasty means to building our iron stores and raise our haemoglobin levels, which in turn will ensure a good blood supply to all the cells in our body, and make us energetic enough to face our daily hassles. Below each source of Iron, we have given an Iron rich recipe.