10 Indian Strawberry Recipes
Among the most attention-grabbing of all fruit, thanks to its lovely red colour, the strawberry is the world’s most popular berry! The sight of a plump strawberry nestling among lush green leaves immediately brings to mind all sorts of wonderful goodies. Try our collection of Strawberry Salads, Juices, Smoothies, Ice-creams and Desserts.
Strawberries are extremely good for health, A cup of strawberries has about 50 calories, and provides 140% of your recommended daily allowance of vitamin C. Strawberries are a good source of potassium, folic acid, fibre and antioxidants. Strawberries not only look like a fruity heart-shaped valentine, they are filled with unusual phytonutrients that love to promote your health.
Winter brings with it lots of strawberries and now is a great time to indulge in their goodness. Remember strawberries are very fragile, and are best handled gently and used within 2-3 days of purchase. Do not rinse the berries until right before you’re going to eat them or use them in a recipe. To freeze strawberries for later use, slice them, sprinkle some sugar over them, let stand for about an hour, and then pack into freezer containers. They will keep up to six months in the freezer. You can also preserve the fruit by making jams or conserves.
Look at the fare you can present using these luscious strawberries.
1. When strawberries are in season, Fresh strawberry Ice-cream is a must. Most kids like strawberry and vanilla ice-cream. Try this homemade ice cream recipe which is completely free of preservatives and you are assured of a real wonderful surprise. Made with only 5 ingredients, they have been harmonized in perfect proportions to yield an exciting ice-cream. Ah! It’s really more tempting with every bite.
Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream
2. If you want to whip up something in less than 5 minutes using strawberries, it’s Strawberry Honey Smoothie. Fresh mashed strawberries, honey, curd and little milk is all you need to add to the blender and whip it till frothy. Chop and top it with some strawbrries for a good mouth feel and a truly sinful strawberry experience. You can also top it with a scop of vanilla ice-cream.
Strawberry Honey Smoothie
3. Have you every tried Strawberry Kheer? This fruity desi mithai has a blend of chopped and pureed strawberries, thus lending a perfect balance between texture and flavours. Serve it chilled – it suits the menu of any Indian party or festive occasions.
4. Tried using strawberries in salads and expecailly with greens? We have an interesting interplay of texture and falvours in the form of Strawberry Baby Spinach Salad. With contrasting pink and green colour, dotted with poppy seeds and almond slivers and flavoured with lemon juice and honey, this salad is sure to tickle your taste buds.
Strawberry Baby Spinach Salad, Indian Style
5. Strawberry Pineapple Juice is a sure winner too! Tartness of fruits and fruit juice is perfectly balanced with sugar to present an eye appealing pineapple juice which can be enjoyed at any time of the day. It is a simple and tempting drink for kids after school or play time. Choose plump red berries for best results!
Strawberry Pineapple Juice
6. Strawberries add josh to any recipe, with their vibrant flavour and beautiful hue. This Strawberry, Banana, Apple Sorbet is no exception. In a sorbet, the ingredients are minimal and the procedure also is simple. But the method of preparation is as important as the combination of ingredients. Follow this recipe to get it right.
Strawberry Banana Apple Sorbet
7. An Eggless Strawberry Souffle is equally tempting and worth trying. It is a 3 ingredient dish but very easy to make, so keep the secret and receive the compliments gracefully! Every spoonful gives you the flavours of fresh strawberries and lusciousness of the whipped cream. It can end any kind of fare on a sweet and a memorable note.
Strawberry Soufflé, Quick Eggless Strawberry Soufflé
8. Myriad ingredients come together with the ever-popular fruit to make the Strawberry Salsa tangy, spicy, sweet – and simply wow! Astonishing though it may sound, it is a blend of finely chopped strawberries with onions, coriander, powdered sugar, green chillies and lemon juice. It further has an Indian touch by way of cumin seeds powder and finely chopped coriander. Serve with Nachos for a tongue-ticklinf snack.
9. As a Christmas treat you can make Chocolate Coated Strawberries. You will find the contrasting flavours simply mind-blowing and your taste buds will be thrown into a frenzy as you relish them. A true out of the world experience! Ready in just 5 minutes, they are perfect to surprise your guests.
Chocolate Coated Strawberries
10. Have you ever thought of combining crunchy red strawberries and fluffy soft paneer into an irresistible mousse? Although strawberries are seasonal, the Strawberry Mousse is surely worth a try when you can lay your hands on this juicy fruit. Smooth soft fresh paneer, tangy chopped strawberry, rich whipped cream and some readymade strawberry crush, and you have a creation fit for a king!
Healthy Cooking with Fresh Strawberries
- Avocado Grapefruit and Strawberry Salad
- Blueberry Raspberry Strawberry Triple Fruit Smoothie
- Buckwheat Groats Strawberry Porridge
- Steel Cut Oats with Strawberrie and Almond Milk
- Strawberry and Black Grape Raita
- Strawberry Oatmeal Curd Smoothie