Steel Cut Oats with Strawberries and Almond Milk, Healthy Vegan Breakfast
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3210 times
Steel-cut oats is a coarse oatmeal, made by chopping whole oats into two or three pieces. Hence the name ‘steel cut’.
It is a gluten-free whole grain that is much healthier than quick cooking rolled oats. It is rich in fibre and lowers cholesterol. Best of all, it has a nice grainy texture that is quite a mouthful to enjoy!
You will be able to buy it at well-stocked supermarkets, as well as at gourmet and specialty food stores. Steel-Cut Oats with Strawberries and Almond Milk is a healthy vegan breakfast that the whole family will enjoy.
While strawberries steal your heart with its sweet fragrance and tangy flavour, roasted almonds add an exciting crunch to this recipe.
This satiating breakfast recipe is sweetened with just a dash of maple syrup, but if you want it sweeter you can add more maple syrup.
If you are going to make the recipe and serve it later, store it in the fridge. Before serving, add a tablespoon of almond milk to adjust the consistency. Since strawberries are seasonal, you can substitute it with some other fruit too.
You can also try other vegan breakfast recipes like Rice and Moong Dal Idli or Vegan Amaranth Almond Milk and Apple Porridge .
- Soak the steel cut oats in a deep bowl in enough water for 8 hours. Drain well.
- Boil 1 cup of water in a deep non-stick pan, add the soaked and drained oats and mix well. Cover it with a lid and cook on a medium slow flame for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl and cool it completely.
- Add the almond milk, vanilla essence, maple syrup and ½ cup of strawberries and mix well.
- Finally top it with the remaining ¼ cup of strawberries and roasted almonds.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.