by Tarla Dalal
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17135 times
Here is a dessert that combines the fruity punch of strawberries with the rich desi flavour of kheer. Strawberries in chopped and pureed forms give this intensely milky kheer a double boost, while the mild use of spices gives it a very aesthetic flavour. You are sure to relish the unique and thoroughly enjoyable flavour and texture of this Strawberry Kheer. Serve it chilled.
- Combine the cornflour and cold milk in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Boil the milk in a deep pan on a high flame, which will take approx. 5 to 6 minutes while stirring twice in between.
- Lower the flame and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture and sugar, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 7 to 8 minutes, while stirring continuously and scrapped the side of the pan.
- Add the cardamom powder, mix very well and cook on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Switch off the flame, add the strawberry purée and strawberries, mix well and cool slightly.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Refrigerate for atleast ½ hour and serve chilled.
Strawberry Kheer Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.