Buckwheat Groats Strawberry Porridge, Healthy Breakfast
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
This recipe has been viewed 5678 times
Buckwheat groats are the hulled seeds of the buckwheat plant. The tiny triangular seed is a treasure-trove of nutrients, which you must try to include in your diet. You can roast it and add to cereal mixes and salads, or make a tasty porridge out of it.
Perked up with strawberry, a tinge of cinnamon and a dash of maple syrup, this Buckwheat Groats Strawberry Porridge is a fantastic way to start your day. It is not just the taste that enthuses you, but also the satisfaction of having had a healthy treat.
Buckwheat is a rich source of minerals like iron , phosphorous and potassium, and is also loaded with calcium . It contains nearly the entire range of B-vitamins, and is particularly strong in thiamine and niacin. A great antioxidant, it also helps lower cholesterol and blood pressure levels and perfect for Vegans .
Strawberry, the magically flavourful and nutri-dense fruit, also brings in its share of vitamins and antioxidants . What more can one wish for in their breakfast !
You can also try other recipes like Buckwheat Groats Porridge or Chocolate Oatmeal Recipe .
- Combine 2½ cups of water, cinnamon and in a deep non-stick pan and bring it to boil.
- Add the buckwheat, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Discard the cinnamon and transfer it in a bowl to cool it completely.
- Add the almond milk and honey and mix well.
- Divide the mixture in two different bowls and top it with ½ cup of strawberry evenly over each bowl.
- Serve immediately or chill and serve.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.