How many calories does one serving of Buckwheat Groats Strawberry Porridge have?
One serving of Buckwheat Groats Strawberry Porridge gives 124 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 99 calories, proteins account for 11 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 19 calories. One serving of Buckwheat Groats Strawberry Porridge provides about 6 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Buckwheat Groats Strawberry Porridge recipe. Buckwheat groats are the hulled seeds of the buckwheat plant. The tiny triangular seed is a treasure-trove of nutrients, which you must try to include in your diet. You can roast it and add to cereal mixes and salads, or make a tasty porridge out of it. Perked up with strawberry, a tinge of cinnamon and a dash of maple syrup, this Buckwheat Groats Strawberry Porridge is a fantastic way to start your day. It is not just the taste that enthuses you, but also the satisfaction of having had a healthy treat. Buckwheat is a rich source of minerals like iron, phosphorous and potassium, and is also loaded with calcium. It contains nearly the entire range of B-vitamins, and is particularly strong in thiamine and niacin. A great antioxidant, it also helps lower cholesterol and blood pressure levels and perfect for Vegans. trawberry, the magically flavourful and nutri-dense fruit, also brings in its share of vitamins and antioxidants . What more can one wish for in their breakfast!
Is Buckwheat Groats Strawberry Porridge healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
7 Health Benefits of Buckwheat Groats
1. High in Protein : Buckwheat Groats for Vegetarians is a complete protein and its highly recommended to include in your diet. Also try Buckwheat flour which you can make Buckwheat Dosa and lots of other recipes. They contain 2 essential amino acids, lysine and arginine which are not available in whole grains like jowar and bajra.
2. High in Fiber : Being high in fibre, your food gets digested faster. The high fiber content also gives a filling of satiety of long hours and thus aid in weight loss too.
3. Gluten Free : Buckwheat Groats contain no wheat even though the name suggests it does. They are actually seeds. You can have a healthy Gluten Free Breakfast with Groats. Try Buckwheat Groats Porridge, Apple Porridge and Buckwheat Groats Strawberry Porridge.
4. Supports Heart : Buckwheat has a phytonutrient called Rutin , an antioxidant for your heart. It is prescribed by dietitians to control high blood cholesterol levels and sometimes even high blood pressure.
5. Good for Diabetics : Since Buckwheat Groats fill you up and don’t raise blood sugar levels they are excellent for Diabetics. It can even make up a one dish meal.
6. Strong Antioxidant with catechin and tannins : These antioxidants prevent the spread of harmful free radicals and hence reduce inflammation in the body.
7. Improves Digestion : Since Buckwheat is high in soluble fiber, it helps in digestion.
Almonds (badam) : Almond milk is made from almonds. Almonds are rich in B complex vitamins such as Vitamin B1, Thiamine, Vitamin B3, Niacin and Folate which plays an important role in the brain development. Almonds balances your cholesterol levels. almonds have a very low glycemic index and good for diabetics. See all 13 super health benefits of almonds.
Strawberries : Strawberries are chock-full of a phytonutrients, which are good antioxidants and reduce body inflammation. This pink-red coloured fruit abounds in vitamin C. You will be surprised that a cup of strawberry is enough to fulfills your day’s requirement of vitamin C, which helps in building a healthy immune system and keeping all types of infections away. These high vitamins C count benefits in preventing cancer and also fighting the existing the cancer cells if any. Strawberries are a rich source of potassium and magnesium, which helps in lowering blood pressure. With a glycemic index 41, they can be added in limited quantity to a diabetic meal too. Moreover they are a very good source of fiber too. A cup of strawberry yields 4.6 g of fiber, which is a boon for weight loss.
What's the problem?
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Buckwheat Groats Strawberry Porridge?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss BUT drop the honey from the recipe and diabetics have in restricted amount. Strawberries will give you some sweet taste. Strawberries are a rich source of potassium and magnesium, which helps in lowering blood pressure. Buckwheat Groats for Vegetarians is a complete protein and its highly recommended to include in your diet. Buckwheat has a phytonutrient called Rutin , an antioxidant for your heart. It is prescribed by dietitians to control high blood cholesterol levels and sometimes even high blood pressure.
Can healthy individuals have Buckwheat Groats Strawberry Porridge?
Buckwheat Groats Strawberry Porridge is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 124 calories that come from Buckwheat Groats Strawberry Porridge?
Walking (6 kmph) = 37 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 12 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 17 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 21 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.