Indian milkshakes and smoothies made with unsweetened almond milk
1. apple oats milkshake is a quick easy milkshake made of quick rolled oats, apples and almond milk.
A soothing healthy apple oats milkshake that will help you relax and rejuvenate! Apple and oats are both fibre-rich ingredients and make a winning combo in terms of flavour and texture too.
2. banana oats smoothie recipe | 3 ingredient banana oats smoothie with almond milk | healthy Indian banana oats smoothie | no sugar smoothie is a satiating drink for people of all ages.
oats with almond milk
1. Indian style baked oats with peanut butter recipe | healthy baked oatmeal with blueberries | baked oatmeal with blueberries and strawberries | baked oatmeal with strawberries |
coffee with almond milk
healthy iced coffee recipe | Indian style iced coffee | ice coffee with coconut milk | ice coffee with almond milk |
How to store unsweetened almond milk, plain badam ka doodh
• Homemade fresh almond milk will last for three days in the refrigerator, if stored in an airtight, clean container.
• Readymade almond milk in tetra packs will last longer. Check the pack for instructions regarding storage.
Health benefits of unsweetened almond milk, plain badam ka doodh
Readymade unsweetened almond milk is sugar free and low in calories and carbs, though it varies with different brands. Homemade almond milk will have more protein
than the store bought almond milk and thus it helps to boost metabolism. 1 cup (200 ml) of readymade almond milk has approx. 50 calories and 3.4 g of protein. Readymade almond milk has less fibre
as it is usually made from unskinned almonds and is often more diluted. However, almond milk does have appreciable amounts of vitamin E, which helps to nourish the skin
and prevent inflammation in the body as well. Almond milk also provides some omega 3 fatty acids
which are known to benefit the heart. So weight watchers
and heart patients
can also include almond milk in their diet. Some brands of readymade almond milk are fortified with calcium
and vitamin D too which can help in bone strengthening. Almond milk being free of the enzyme lactase, is a good choice for people with lactose intolerance
Glycemic Index of unsweetened almond milk, plain badam ka doodh
Almond Milk has a Glycemic Index of 25 which is low. Glycemic Index are for foods you eat, ranks carbohydrate-containing foods by how quickly they digest and raise your blood sugar or glucose levels. Foods rank from 0 to 50 are low GI, 51 to 69 are medium and 70 to 100 are high. Foods that are high in GI are not suitable for weight loss and diabetics. Foods like Almond Milk have a low GI and hence don't spike your glucose level as they are absorbed slowly. Great for weight loss and diabetics.