Last Updated : Nov 30,2018
Viewed 5538 times
Also Known as Raspberry Soda
What is Raspberry Soda? From a sweet-sour deep ruby red to a fruity-floral, light flamingo pink, the tart taste and colour of raspberries are gently camouflaged by the sugary sweetness of additives and the fizz of carbonated water.
How to Select • The firm, plump exterior of raspberries are only a gateway to the sweet, intense, finely perfumed flavour that shifts between sweet and sour. While most commercially available soft drinks use artificial flavouring to bring out those very same sensorial textures, very few actually use real fruit to create a combination of raspberry syrup with soda.
• If you choose to make this at home, select berries that are deep in colour, firm to hold and plump to look at. If the fruit looks moldy, soft or mushy, chances are they are damaged due to poor packaging, spoilage, weather or improper handling.
• Raspberry soda can be found is a few retail shops in either, tinned or bottled form. An ingredient list located on the surface of the bottle or tin should indicate the naturalness of the product.
Culinary Uses of Raspberry Soda • Raspberries, like strawberries have inherent dairy notes which make them especially delicious with cream yoghurt and soft cheeses. Raspberry soda when blended with a scoop plain vanilla ice- cream and topped with white chocolate shavings make for a delicious summer treat.
• As a summer beverage, nothing quite refreshes like Raspberry Soda Lemonade. Packed with the citrusy goodness of lemon, this drink is magic in a tall glass. Plus with an extra serving of ice and a sprig of mint, nothing beats the heat better.
• Pizzas, waffles, pancakes and desserts taste more defined with a handy glass of chilled raspberry soda had as is. Even on its own, raspberry soda marks itself out to be the non-alcoholic, party favourite.
How to Store • Since raspberry soda is best served chilled, it would be ideal to store it under the same refrigerated conditions.
• But, once the can has been opened, serve it immediately. On continued exposure the strength of the fizz diminishes rapidly.
Health Benefits of Raspberry Soda This light, fruit flavoured soda, is packed with vitamin C, folate, iron and potassium.
• And thanks to those little seeds on the surface of the berries, high amounts of insoluble fibre as well as pectin work together in controlling cholesterol levels.
• Raspberries as with all edible berries possess cancer-fighting, anti-oxidants.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.